Okay so what is V8? Well, V8 is 100% vegetable juice, from concentrate, with added ingredients. I think it’s hilarious how they write that sentence on the bottle but I really don’t care because I love V8.
I’m a HUGE tomato lover. For my birthday, which passed recently, one of my presents from my girlfriend is a tomato based dinner! I’m excited about that one. But anyway, let’s get back to V8.
Let me hook you up with some V8 factoids:
- V8 has been around since 1948 (well that’s when Campbell bought it from W.G. Peacock) and is made by Campbell Soup Company.
- The original V8 is made mainly from tomatoes and the juices from seven additional vegetables, specifically: beets, celery, carrots, lettuce, parsley, watercress, and spinach. Tomato juice composes around 87% of the total drink . Campbell’s makes several varieties of the drink, such as Original, Spicy, Lemon, Picante, Low-Sodium, and Organic.Two spinoffs of the V8 brand, “V8 Splash”, and “V8 V•Fusion”, are blends of fruit and vegetable (specifically carrot) juices. V8 Splash is sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup or Splenda, while V•Fusion is made from 100% juice and contains a daily serving of both fruits and vegetables per 8oz glass.
- http://www.v8juice.com/ – This is the official website.
- A few cocktail drinks use V8, most famously the “bloody eight” or “eight ball”, which is a Bloody Mary with V8 instead of tomato juice. Vi-8 otherwise known as a Vimal 8 is a combination of V8 and orange flavored soda.
- Watch V8 Videos on Youtube